Monday, August 31, 2009

I watched Tianna as she crawled around the living room today. Those big eyes looking around excitedly at the world around her. She grasped for everything in sight looking at everything intently then shoving objects in her mouth as she drooled all over them discovering the tastes and textures.

The world is so big, so bright. Those eyes remind me of the simplest things. The important things. The smiles when she sees somebody she knows and loves walk into the room. The excitement when eating her banana's.

I love that little girl so much and can't imagine what it will be like to have my own babe one day. The things that come out of your heart when you love somebody that much. You want to protect that person from everything that could ever harm him/her. Hmm... maybe that's part of what Paul is talking about in 1Cor 13:7 when it says: It (Love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I haven't felt this way in many relationships before but my heart is exploding with all these feelings just as you see in Tianna's eyes as she encounters a new object... and just as I want to protect her from all the things in the world that could harm her, I want to protect this, the things that I have now.

I'm praying with my whole heart.... trying to discern what God wants. Waiting. Hoping. I'm excited.... and I don't have words that could express everything in my heart but with all these hopes that I'm waiting so patiently for I feel as though I've encountered a whole new world... and seeing for the first time love and what it is and how it feels, it's too big to stick in my mouth though... maybe that's a good thing!

No comments: